We are accepting nominations for NCSL Coach of the Year! If you know a coach that goes above and beyond for their club, players, and community, we encourage you to nominate them by clicking on the link below. Nominations are due by May 23rd.
We'll be recognizing a total of (4) coaches:
- Maryland/West Virginia Boys Coach of the Year
- Maryland/West Virginia Girls Coach of the Year
- Virginia Boys Coach of the Year
- Virginia Girls Coach of the Year
Below are the criteria for consideration:
- Sportsmanship | Does the coach promote sportsmanship? Does the coach instill sportsmanship in his/her players and parents beyond soccer? Are players encouraged to be respectful of opponents and the game? Does the coach practice what he/she preaches?
- Player development | Are players motivated to learn and play to the extent of their ability? Does the coach create a training environment that allows for enthusiasm, creativity, and self-confidence? Are players encouraged to seek higher competition? Does the coach encourage players to train on their own or play in "pick-up" games?
- Personal coaching development | Briefly, what is the nominee’s coaching philosophy? What courses or licenses has the coach taken to continue his/her education? How does the coach learn about the game in other ways? Is the nominated coach a leader?
- Involvement in Community | Is the coach active in the soccer community? Does the coach positively influence soccer beyond his own team or club? Is the coach open to new ways of teaching? How does the coach promote the game?