Presented by The St. James
NCSL is excited to partner again with The St. James for its NCSL Winter 2021-22 College Combine on Sunday, November 28th.
The 2021 NCSL Winter Combine presented by The St. James will feature college coaches, professional athletes and leaders in business, health, wellness, performance training and medicine from across the region. The Combine provides players, ages 13-18, with a robust opportunity to learn about the college recruiting process, participate in training led by college coaches, and showcase their skills in games on the area's only full-size, FIFA-regulation indoor pitch.
In the three years that the NCSL and The St. James have worked together, more than 750 club soccer players from over 50 NCSL member clubs have participated in College Combine events held at The St. James. College coaches from NCAA, NJCAA and NAIA member institutions have attended and led training sessions, workshops and participated in panel discussions.
For the second consecutive year, The 2021 NCSL Winter Combine will use VEO camera technology to capture and record all Combine activities. Each participant will receive access to download footage for their use in the college recruiting process.
Space is limited to 120 players per session - register today to reserve your spot in the '21 Combine! Once capacity is reached, we will open a waiting list.
- Date | Sunday, November 28th, 2021
- Time | 12:00PM-4:00PM (Girls) & 5:00PM-9:00PM (Boys)
- Location | The St. James Indoor Sports Complex (6805 Industrial Rd., Springfield, VA 22151)
- Eligible Participants | Current 8th graders through 12th graders (undeclared); open to all players
- Cost | $189 (NCSL member club price, regardless of league); $219 (non-NCSL member club price)
- NOTE | NCSL member club players must use the code "NCSL2021" at checkout to receive the NCSL member club price.
Each player will receive:
- Use of Veo camera technology to record combine games; each player will receive access to download footage for their use in the college recruiting process.
- College combine t-shirt
- Use of indoor, climate-controlled facility to play at their best
- Small-group training led directly by college coaches
- Several small-sided games to maximize involvement and touches in front of college coaches
- Groupings based on graduation year and information packets for coaches to make player ID as efficient as possible
- Q&A panel with college coaches and current/former college players to learn about the college recruiting process
College Attending Winter 2021 College Combine
Please see below for programs that have made an early commitment to attend:
- Men's Schools | George Mason University, George Washington University, Hampden-Sydney College, Shenandoah University, Stetson University, Stevenson University, College of William & Mary, & York College
- Women's Schools | American University, George Mason University, Lynchburg College, Mary Baldwin University, Shenandoah University, Stevenson University, University of Mary Washington, & York College
"I wanted to thank you for putting on the event and providing this opportunity. The event appeared to be well run and organized. Transitions were timely and the players never seemed to be standing around for long. Even with the added burden of the pandemic protocols, the combine seemed to run smoothly. Of course, the St. James is a beautiful location and easy to get to for many of our clubs.
We also appreciated the opportunity to participate in the follow-up zoom calls. I think these were a great addition and while my girls were only able to attend one in person we very much appreciated the ability to view the recording.
Finally, the ability to use the VEO film is worth a tremendous amount, especially now considering all the pandemic has restricted.
Thank you again for all of your efforts and organization. We sincerely appreciate it and plan to attend future combines hosted by NCSL."
- Parent of Winter 2021 Combine Participant
"I just wanted to take a moment to thank you and the NCSL Team for organizing the ID camp at St James yesterday. It was one of the most organized ID camps I had ever attended, and I had a great time. Thank you for the opportunity, and I look forward to attending similar events in the near future."
- Kenny M. (Winter 2020 Combine Participant)
"I had a fantastic experience recruiting at the NCSL College Combine in January. It was incredibly well organized, both in regards to exposure for the players and for the college coaches to train, identify, and evaluate players for their respective college programs. The St. James is a world-class facility and provided the players a platform to train and play at their best. I was able to identify many players that I will look to recruit to York College that I had not previously seen play for their club or high school teams."
- Evan Scheffey (York College Head Coach)